Monday 22 March 2010

Shooting the time away!

The youth club in X is surrounded by gypsy settlements, and those gypsies tend to be related to the people inside of the village. So when anything happens inside X, they "self regulate" and don't get anyone (especially the police) involved. What happens inside stays inside...

But they can't seem to regulate their own children. They give their own kids a free reign, because to discipline them would be as bad as society disciplining them. Well, that's my theory anyway.

Anyhow, one evening, I was offered to go shooting with a couple of these gypsy family's. Not shooting in a long red jacket and posh accent way. Not shooting as a sport. No, they wanted me to go shooting, using the arsenal of handguns that they own. I have no idea what they wanted to shoot, but a self-preserving sense of paranoia tells me that it might....have been me. When asked, I couldn't help but to manifest a image of me legging it through the woods, being chased by dogs, and being shot at because I didn't dance for them.

See, I had told one of these gypsy kids off for urinating up a wall. I didn't shout at her, but used the old "Oi! Would you do that at home!?" trick, only to be replied with "Er...yea?".

I shouldn't have been surprised.

So she stomped off in a huff, and low and behold, I'm invited to go shooting in the woods a week later.

I politely declined...


No comments:

Post a Comment