Friday 19 March 2010

Racism & the British youth.

We still are a racist nation.

Talking to K, a young man who loved football, and the village that he lives in solidified this for me. K told me that if a black man were to walk through the door of the club, he "would stab the cunt in the neck". Just because of the colour of his skin.

I tried to get to the bottom of why he thought like this. As always, this type of thinking came from his parents, and as always the thinking had a slogan. In this case, it was "because they steal all our jobs."

I tried to explain to K that generations of black people have been working and living in this country longer than he has been living on the planet. I also explained how, and why a large number of ethnic people were invited into the country to help rebuild our economy after the second world war.

He didn't believe this. We came to a stalemate.

So I approached the subject from a different angle.

I mentioned that K's favourite football team had lots of black people playing for it. He said, "yea but they are OK blacks."

I then mentioned that one of his friends, who was in the club at the time is black. His response to this was disturbing.

He told me that he wasn't black. Of course, I pointed out that he most defiantly was. K then went on to explain that he was "more white than black" and "not like most black people".

I could go on with this conversation, but I won't. I found it quite disturbing to be honest, that this type of attitude and behaviour had come from his parents, who truly do believe everything above....

...but the most disturbing thing of all is that I believe that K would attack a person because of their skin colour if they walked in the club...

And of course, K told me that his parents would definitely be voting for the BNP.

The majority of (especially the ones in this youth club) K's friends think the same as K. As do their parents and grandparents alike.

So the next time someone tells you that there is no racism, or little racism in Britain today, send them to me, and i'll happily put them straight...

No comments:

Post a Comment